Who We Are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
With its leading-edge technology, our highly innovative business now requires an experienced R&D Director to lead a rapidly growing team of point-of-care molecular diagnostics products from concept to launch. Reporting to the CTO this technical expert and leader will play a critical role in new assay development strategy, implementing new processes, conducting process improvement, and delivering advancement projects for binx. Responsible for delivering innovative and practical solutions that support various product development road maps. In addition to technical expertise, the R&D Director will bring strong leadership and team-building skills fostering an environment of growth and personal development. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence and passion for developing new products/processes within the molecular device industry. A key element of this role is leading the R&D team and working interactively with the operational and manufacturing stakeholders as well as the commercial functions in order to progress menu development. The R&D director will function as an individual contributor and subject matter expert; leading the development and implementation of new products and developing existing technologies at binx. This role would suit a talented, organized, proactive individual with a professional outlook and a positive “can-do” attitude. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being confident at developing strong relationships both internally and externally. Used to multi-tasking, the candidate will require excellent attention to detail and have the ability to prioritize workload, and the ability to motivate and inspire. Able to work as part of a team or under your own initiative, this role is for someone who can be flexible and thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment, and is results-driven.
- Provide technical leadership in new product portfolios and technology development.
- Manage internal research and development activities to deliver against corporate objectives & milestones.
- Represent the Research & Development group at the executive level
- Effective management of financial, human & other resources, necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
- Maintain awareness of the clinical context in which binx has ongoing research and development activity, together with advancements in these areas that will sustain the company at the forefront of its field.
- Ensure all development projects are designed to be compliant with the Quality Management System & international regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Design Control process to ensure it is effective, efficient and produces products that are reliable, provide patient safety and meet regulatory requirements.
- Drive end-to-end product development cycles of complex medical devices.
- Develop and implement R&D tools, processes, standards, and metrics, including the establishment of best practices.
- Assist in developing project plans and timelines for product delivery.
- Drive and lead innovative problem resolution at an accelerated pace.
- Provide technical leadership, with the ability to deep dive into technical issues.
- Work closely with the CTO, Operations Director, and other appropriate staff including program and/project managers to deliver against corporate objectives and milestones.
- Project and maintain, at a high profile, the company’s scientific excellence to an external audience.
- Identify and manage appropriate external funding and collaborative opportunities and scientific initiatives of interest to binx.
- Develop strategies for developing & protecting the company’s intellectual property; liaison with the company’s IP attorneys.
- Maintain awareness of technological advancements that will sustain the company at the forefront of its field.
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- BSc or higher degree (MSC/Ph.D.) in a related discipline
- At least 10 years previous work experience in a senior research & development role, with a proven track record focused on IVD product development with a particular focus on molecular products.
- Strong background in IVD development programs, including successful new product launches including compliance with Quality Management System & international regulatory requirements
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Effective demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, with a track record of building and developing teams.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, to engage, influence, and get buy-in from all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability as a strategic leader that effectively prioritizes and leads.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual thinking skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong background in IVD development programs, including successful new product launches.
- Excellent project management skills, written and verbal communication skills,
- Proven successful record in leadership and staff management, while functioning in a demanding, hands-on and action-oriented environment.
- Molecular diagnostics and biologics knowledge would be advantageous – binx has strong reagent capability.
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For Interested applicants, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org